Thursday, December 3, 2009

The XX tickets

The next hottest little buzz band from England right now, The XX, just had a sold out show at the Triple Rock awhile back, and they have just now announced another Minneapolis show at the Varsity. Good move on their part to a bigger venue, but I don' think it will be quite big enough - the Varsity only holds about 800 people. Just based on the buzz that people are creating about these guys I think they should be in First Avenue's main room, but that is just my opinion.

Varsity Theater tickets go on sale on Saturday. And rest assured that it will sell out. I for one am going to buy Varsity Theater tickets for this show IMMEDIATELY. I will NOT live through another Big Pink disappointment. No way no way!

You may recognize The XX's songs "VCR" and "Crystalised," which was iTunes single of the week awhile back.



See you at the show!!!

3 comments:

B said...

LOVE music from across the pond!

laura said...

ive been listening to these guys for awhile now. glad their finally catching on. dont sell out and go mainstream tho!

Anonymous said...

I heard that KS95's Live 95 Concert was at the Varsity Theater this year. The line-up consisted of Mozella, Green River Ordinance, Jessie James (LOVE HER!), Five for Fighting and Michelle Branch. I wish I would have went!!!