Monday, December 7, 2009

Ben Gibbard Jay Farrar tickets

MAJOR CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!!!!
BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Gibbard from everyone's favorite Death Cab for Cutie is playing a show with 1/2 of Uncle Tupelo/frontman for Son Volt, Jay Farrar.

Quite the dynamic duo, right? I can't wait for the show. I bought my Varsity Theater tickets the second the show went on sale! There is no way that I am going to miss this show. I am a huge Death Cab fan and I have not heard a Son Volt song I haven't liked.

This tour is going to feature an odd side project of sorts. Ben and Jay will be performing music from “One Fast Move or I’m Gone: Music From Kerouac’s Big Sur,” which is a collaborative album that uses pieces of prose from Jack Kerouac’s “Big Sur.” It pairs the famous novel’s writing with acoustic arrangements. The album accompanies a Curt Worden documentary film by the same name.

Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar at the Varsity Theater is an odd couple of sorts to be touring, defintley something I will NOT be missing. Buy your Varsity Theater tickets now, because they will be gone before you know it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to Death Cab for Cutie? Are they no longer around?

B said...

I was wondering the same thing, I live with a huge Death Cab fan, and feel like I haven't heard anything new from them since I lived with her...