Sunday, November 8, 2009

Har Mar = Success!

Despite being overly tired and exhausted Friday night after work, I STILL managed to put myself together to go to Har Mar at the Varsity. I couldn't let all of my loyal bloggers down who were looking forward to a review?! What kind of blogger would I be?

Well, I go there in time to see one of the opening bands, Lookbook. I must admit, I am not a huge fan of women singers as I'm sure you have read a rant here and there before, but this guy/girl duo were awesome. Their' music had it's own unique sound - bravo Har Mar for choosing these guys.

Har Mar packed the Varsity with old school fans like myself and brand new just out of high school fans. I was a bit surprised, Har Mar usually attracts the ladies, but this time around it was 50/50 boys/girls. Varsity Theater tickets had to been about sold out, some were still available at the door when I got there, but it was super packed when I left at the end of the night.

Har Mar Superstar took the stage in a African tunic which was worn over a zig zag long sleeved sequin shirt. It didn't take long for it to all come off in true Har Mar fashion. He played his new jams, he played his old jams - slowly I think my new favorite Har Mar jam to see live is the "Girls Only" song he wrote for the Cheetah Girls.

All in all it was a great night - I even bought some "Tall Boy" beer coolies. They are pretty much going to be the hottest gift of the holiday season. The show was a little bittersweet, it is so apparent that Har Mar has moved on from the stage - which is understandable and exciting as he is one talented guy!
See you at the next one!!!


AND THIS JUST IN .... EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROES IS SOLD OUT. SOLD OUT!

2 comments:

B said...

One of my friends just introduced me to Lookbook, I think I dig it... one of those sounds that you need to hear more than once

Katy said...

Varsity Theater Concerts are always the best! I found some great Concert Tickets at Ticket King today online! I know what I'm putting in stockings this year!