Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Phoenix, anyone?

Remember that movie, Shallow Hal, from like 8 - 9 years ago with Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow. It's by the Farrelly brothers, the same guys who brought you There's Something About Mary! So throughout the whole movie they kept playing this song over and over in dance scenes when Jack Black, or rather "Shallow Hal" was out dancing in clubs with the ladies. Well, Shallow Hal was on the other day on Comedy Central and it drove me crazy trying to think about who does that song!
So thanks to good ol Sirius Satellite Radio the other day and low and behold the song came on and it was called "Too Young" by Phoenix. Of course I slapped my forehead and said "DUH!" I know those guys - just like you do when you hear those songs. And wouldn't you know that Phoenix is coming to town in support of their new album and playing at The Varsity Theater! Varsity Theater tickets for this show may or may not sell out, Phoenix has been around for awhile and has a following, but I haven't heard much about their live shows.
Regardless, buy your Varsity Theater tickets early for this show!
I may see you there!

Phoenix @ the Varsity Tuesday, June 23rd

No comments: