Thursday, May 28, 2009

Matthew Sweet is coming to town!

One of alternative music's indie grandfathers, Matthew Sweet, has announced a show at the Varsity Theater this summer. Even if you can't quite place Matthew Sweet, I know you've heard him on the Current. Matthew Sweet is famous for his vast musical catalog, but most notably 1991's 'Girlfriend.'



Everyone remembers this one! I knew my Uncle George had a copy, my Aunt Rene had a copy - anyone who was cool had a copy!

18 years later Matthew Sweet is still touring and recording music. Matthew Sweet's more current endeavors involve Susanna Hoff, former Bangles member, which result in their side project, Sid and Susie. They are releasing their second album of cover, "Under the Covers Volume 2" on July 2nd.
Varsity Theater tickets are on sale now for this show. Buy your Varsity Theater tickets for this now, Matthew Sweet sells out First Ave every time he is in town, and the Varsity Theater is much smaller!


Catch Matthew Sweet Wednesday, June 24th 2009 @ 7:30pm
Opening act TBA

1 comment:

Brittany from Little Falls said...

I have never heard of Matthew Sweetbut i would love to see hat he has to offer for me.