Sunday, February 21, 2010

Phantogram tickets

So last week I was super bummed because I missed Phantogram's show at the 7th Street Entry. I was in Mexico, so all was not lost, however, Phantogram is opening for the Antlers on Tuesday, (are you ready for this one) April 20th. yes, another April concert. I keep saying my wallet can't take much more of this ... but I have to go!!! Ahh!!

Phantogram is a duo from Saratoga Springs, New York and have been recieving a lot of bizz lately for their album, "Eyelid Movies." Their sound is not for the close minded, Phantogram's jams are actually pretty haunting. "When I'm Small" is a song you may hear on the Current from time to time and I just simply cannot stop listening to it.


note: the video isn't that exciting, it's the only none live one I could find

Phantogram were a success story from South by Southwest last year, there they gained a lot of attention. Friends since junior high and forming the band in 2007, Josh Carter and keyboardist Sarah Barthelmembers have opened for Minus The Bear, Zero 7, Ra Ra Riot, Yeasayer, Brazilian Girls and The Slip as Phantogram. They have been getting stellar reviews for their live shows, I can't wait to see them. Varsity Theater tickets are on sale now for the Antlers and Phanotgram show. I heard that the 7th Street Entry show sold out at the door, so don't wait until last minute to buy your Varsity Theater tickets.

1 comment:

B said...

I like this song