Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Back! Glasvegas is awesome!

Long time no update here on the Varsity theater site! Life has been busy, the holidays have been upon us, what can I say?

Anywho, there are a lot of great shows coming up at the Varsity.
Owl City (pictured below) will be playing a show on February 13th (day before the Valentine's Day Wild game, whoo hoo!) Owl City is a one band electronic dance band from our very own Owatonna, Minnesota. You can check out their music on the band's myspace page: www.myspace.com/owlcity



For Christmas, my boyfriend bought me a Sirius/XM Satellite Radio thing. I love it. I haven't listened to my iPod in the car, the regular radio or my cd player since I've gotten it. It's awesome. The XM U station plays indie rock and the thing that I love about it is that I don't know a single band that is played on it. Sure, I know the old Pavement and Sonic Youth jams, but the new music I have never heard before and I love it. One of my greatest finds on it is this band called Glasvegas from Glasgow, Scotland. There is a lot of buzz around the band's debut album so I think Varsity Theater tickets for this show are going to be a hot ticket! I know I am going to go! And I am definitely getting my Glasvegas tickets for this show asap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back Minneapolis Music Girl! I am so jealous that you got Satellite Radio - I have heard from others that it rocks no matter what kind of music you like. I will have to look into it next time I am at Best Buy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on the Varsity Theater Calendar and upcoming shows - I think you are the only Varsity Theater blog out there!

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

Haha I love that band name! AND I've been hearing that Owl City is a big deal, but it must just be because they're local. You should go to the show and let us all know how they are!!

Anonymous said...

I like their name :)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures of the band are awesome, have you been to any shows lately?