Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Past Shows at the Varsity

A few years ago when the Quest Club in the Warehouse district closed and a lot of the scheduled shows were moved to the Varsity and a few were sent to Station 4 in St. Paul. This worked in my favor because one of my favorite bands who was supposed to play at the Quest, were sent to the Varsity. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club played there on February 7th, 2006 - it's hard to believe that was almost 2 years ago! The Varsity usually has small tables and cool couches all over the place, but this time they didn't have a single one due to the oversell of tickets. There were far more people that wanted to go than could, the size of the Varsity is much smaller than the Quest was. The Varsity is a little bigger than the Ascot room, so there were a lot of fans that couldn't see the show that night. BRMC has only been back a twice since then and I can't wait until they are back - they're one of my favorites!



This reminds me - I still have to get my Lemonheads ticket!

No comments: